Friday, April 22, 2011

day twenty-two- something you wish you were better at

The list of things I'd like to do better is quite long, but yesterday and today I REALLY wish I was better at sewing.


I've been working on a couple of skirts for Kate, a pillow for Emily, a baby wrap-blanket for a gift and planning curtains for two rooms, but I am so slow with no problem solving skills, especially when it comes to my sewing machine. Yet I love fabric and seeing how things come together to make a finished project. I need a teacher. Kathryn- when are you coming back?!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's quite a project list! I'm sure, like with everything else, with a little practice you'll become a pro and will be putting together all kinds of fabulous things.

April 22, 2011 3:21 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yeah Kathryn! Come help us make skirts! Come back to Utah or even just the US would be fine! Bring Oliver and Avery too! And if he wants Joe can tag along. :)

April 22, 2011 4:02 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Good for you for even trying. When it comes to sewing I give up before I start.

April 23, 2011 11:53 AM  
Blogger skcoe said...

That's a LOT of projects for a non-sewer, good for you!

April 30, 2011 6:03 PM  
Blogger georgia-mom said...

The list of things you already do well is pretty long too. I love that you are always eager to learn and grow and stretch yourself. You just keep getting better!

May 06, 2011 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home