Read with Caution
Beware- the details are graphic! But I thought I should share the drama that occurred at our house on Sunday night. I really am just now able to talk about it. Emily was playing "jump as far as you can and land on a cushion" (those are her words) when she missed the cushion and hit her mouth on the side of the chair in my front room. She started screaming, but what's new? So, it took us a minute or two to realize this was not the usual cry. When we found her, blood was pouring out of her mouth. We raced her to a bathroom, praying that we would remember ANY first aid training that might help us, and after getting her settled down and the bleeding under control, discovered (WARNING: this hurts to read!) she had sliced her gum like meat in a deli across her four top teeth! (I warned you!) She also had exposed her entire top left tooth. It was the most REAL drama we have had in a while! But I am happy to say that our bodies are amazing and this is all that is left- a small bruise like mark on her gums, which gets better daily. The real kicker- Ethan did the exact same thing the very next morning! Not quite as bad a cut but still a gusher! We are now praying that the drama is over!
2 Comments:
This is disturbing. I didn't know you could get a bruise on your gums. I'm glad she's alright (and Ethan too), but great scott, that's not for the weak stomached.
Ha! I remember that! Jumping cushion to cushion to chair, and the blood marks. I didn't think Ethan did it that soon after, but I remember this happening!
Post a Comment
<< Home