One week and counting!
My kids start school one week from today and I can't wait! I am so tired of the fighting, the mess, the whining about being bored when I am neck deep in jobs and projects... My kids found out who their teachers are last night and who is in their class. I think we are happy about who everyone got.Megan has the same teacher Kate had last year- our first repeat teacher!! I hope she will get to know Megan as Megan and not assume she is like Kate, because we all know she is NOT!
Emily has morning Kindergarten which means from 9:15am until about noon, I will have just Ethan. Of course, he'll be awake and in desperate need of attention since all his playmates are at school! And then, when he goes down for a nap, Emily will be home and wanting attention of her own. I hope I can make the most of this but am a little annoyed that I won't have true alone time in the afternoons. But, who am I kidding? Alone time with five kids even if school is in session? HA HA HA!
{When do you start school and are you excited or sad that summer is ending?}

7 Comments:
I'm glad it's only one week until school starts too! I'm ready for everyone else's kids to be back in school so the stores are left to just moms and babies again. I'm also ready for fall and all that comes with it.
I sincerely hope that your mornings with Ethan will be peaceful and that he won't be clingy, and I hope that Emily comes home from kindergarten happy and ready to plan by herself. I want a break for you almost more than I want breaks for myself!
I'm sad. I'm still the kid who has to give up her free days of fighting, making messes, and snacking all day long. I'm happy for you though! I hope you last these last few days.
I think you and I should get together. Your home sounds much like mine. I especially love that you posted the school. Too funny.
We start on Monday and my kids find out who they get for teachers tomorrow night. So exciting and I too am ready for that blissful morning with just one child!
I am always sad for summer to be over. We will start school after Labor Day, it just doesn't seem like the party should be over until the "closing" holiday has past.
My kids start in 2 weeks, and I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm not looking forward to the end of summer, but for the sake of my kids, I want them to start. I still have no idea who Tyler's teacher will be. We found out who Rachel had at the end of last school year. It'll be interesting for me to have just one at home, at least for the half day Tyler is gone.
I was looking forward to the kids going back to school until I really took time to evaluate what that means in terms of my schedule. Yuck. I like having things a bit looser in the summertime. Now I have to go back to the drama of homework woes every day... No more sleeping in for anyone (not that I ever got much of that!).
What a shame that Emily couldn't go to afternoon kindergarten while Ethan naps! I hope everyone adjusts to the new schedule and you can actually get some time to yourself.
We find out teachers and class lists tonight! They post them at 5:00. Nice. I'm sure they are just trying to minimize the amount of complaints by posting them so close to the start of school!
finally another woman who is excited about her kids going back to school. I felt like i was the only one and feeling guilty about it. thanks :).
Post a Comment
<< Home