out of touch
I was complaining to Jill that I feel so out of touch these days and she said that maybe it was because I am so inconsistent in my blogging. ouch. Of course, the truth is what hurts. So, I spent today "catching up" instead of cleaning. I am not really caught up but I made progress. This is my last post for the day, making today's post total: Eleven!!
I also got a really great Martha Stewart Kids magazine from Amy Maher in the mail yesterday- THANK YOU AMY! You have NO idea how "right on" your timing was!
And I had a girlfriends get together last night which is always wonderful! I was again reminded how good my life is (I seem to remember it best when eating good food) and what amazing, strong, faithful, generous women I associate with!
So, I am going to bed feeling less "out of touch" and more grateful than I have felt for a while! That's a good thing!
I also got a really great Martha Stewart Kids magazine from Amy Maher in the mail yesterday- THANK YOU AMY! You have NO idea how "right on" your timing was!
And I had a girlfriends get together last night which is always wonderful! I was again reminded how good my life is (I seem to remember it best when eating good food) and what amazing, strong, faithful, generous women I associate with!
So, I am going to bed feeling less "out of touch" and more grateful than I have felt for a while! That's a good thing!

4 Comments:
I'm sorry that comment of mine hurt, but I really think it's true (not just for you, but for anyone who blogs but is feeling out of touch.) I think documenting daily life shows us how plentiful our lives really are. Seeing all we do with our kids, our friends, our hobbies, our reading, our creativity etc., all while sharing with friends and family. It's a beautiful thing and much easier to do on a daily/weekly basis than monthly with many catch-up posts! I don't know how you do that, it seems way harder to me, but I'm excited to go back and read them all. Welcome back!
how fun to read about your life and catch up.. so the rice crispie thing is that from your mom? I think I told you that is my first memory of having a rice crispie treat is at your house- when we were little!
well, you sound super busy with 5 kids... looks like a fun vacation.. I know my kids just love swimming the whole time too.. it is good cause it helps them sleep well!
11 posts in one day?? That is some serious catching up. Are you an all or nothing kind of girl? I tend to think of you as an all and all the time kind of girl...
So glad you're back and so glad I finally can have you on my list so I don't forget to come and check for new posts!!
I can relate to needing/wanting to post 10 different posts in one day. Some times it is just hard for me to find the minutes right now, but I want to get the thoughts down. I want to feel connected so I try to read blogs then feel guilty I spent that little time reading instead of writing and recording for myself. But I do get what Jill is saying- it just takes prioritizing right now I guess. Glad to read what we can get!
Post a Comment
<< Home