Thursday, December 03, 2009

2009 Year in Review- Article

December 3 Article: What's an article that you read that blew you away? That you shared with all your friends. That you Delicious'd and reference throughout the year.


I am not a big magazine or newspaper reader, especially now that Simple Scrapbooks is no longer being published, but I can actually answer this one! I was looking over Kelly's shoulder one night while he was reading Runner's World. The article was about Kara Goucher. I was instantly a fan!

Kara is an Olympic runner who decided to train for a marathon. Her first marathon was the New York Marathon and she placed THIRD! She was a favorite to win the Boston Marathon which would take place within days of my reading this article.

After reading the article, I told my friends she was my favorite. I watched the Boston Marathon on television and cheered for Kara the whole way (she finished third again)! I also found myself wondering if I could actually run a marathon- which I did!


Now, this didn't make me a regular reader of Runner's World- I still leave that to Kelly. But this article definitely had an impact on my year and my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

How awesome to have an article jump out at you like that and then to have accomplished such a huge goal yourself!

December 03, 2009 3:32 PM  
Blogger Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Its so awesome to find an athelete, like Kara, that really speaks to you and inspires you.

For me, it was Katia Gordeeva. Thats how I became a figure skater. :)

You are awesome Jenn!!! I love seeing you on your early morning runs.

December 03, 2009 5:47 PM  
Blogger Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

BTW...I just read all your recent posts and comments...go read them! lol

Love ya!

December 03, 2009 10:04 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

This is so cool, Jenn. I'm so impressed with what you've accomplished!

December 04, 2009 3:42 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

This is a great post! I loved hearing about what inspired you to run the marathon. A lot of people would read that and say oh that's nice and not do anything about it. But you set a goal and achieved it. Really amazing.

December 07, 2009 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home