Wednesday, May 12, 2010

12 for the 12th - May

I almost went to bed without posting because I haven't learned how to use Amy M.'s template yet and Photoshop is not my friend so it will take me a while to figure it out, but I don't have a while to figure it out tonight because I have to get up at 5:00a.m. to prepare for an early morning start to my marathon on Saturday...

can you see why I never post. sigh.

Well, I want to post. I took the photos. I know a collage program. By golly- I'm posting! Perfectionist ways be damned. (Is there a nicer way to say that? My mother sometimes reads my blog.)

I loved this idea from the very first time I read it and I've actually taken photos for two other months but haven't gotten around to learning the template. (I'm sorry techno-savvy friends, it is intimidating for me!) For those of you who are unfamiliar with 12 for the 12th, the idea is simple. You take at least 12 photos on the 12th day of each month to document a day in your life
. I'm sure Amy introduced the concept much more eloquently. And I love her template- some day I will learn it.

But for today- this is what I can do.
So,
here's a glimpse at my day to-day:


1. It was cold again, so I got to pick a pair of knee high socks to wear from my drawer. bliss.

2. Getting up early has left me time for weird things, like blow drying my hair!


3. I love listening to Megan practice the violin in the morning. It is a good way to start my day, now that we are past the squeaky beginner phase! (Kate practiced her clarinet this afternoon and that is fun too.)


4. Wake-up sleepy head! This is my biggest challenge most mornings.


5. I drive the car pool in the mornings.


6. I love watching this big brother walk his little brother to the kindergarten door every morning. (I'll be trying for a better photo, but this won't make it into next month's collage because school will be out! Where is the year going?!!)


7. After dropping off the kids, I made a quick stop at Wal Mart for things like deodorant, hairspray, a lunchable and peanut m&m's, just to name a few.


8. A craft day with friends is a rare treat and it was so great to have Sheryl (and Mayci) and Sarah come spend the day at my house! They were way more fun than the piles of laundry that now lay in wait for me tomorrow.


9. My friend, Emily, brought these goodies to wish us luck on our marathon. She ran BOSTON last month, so it means a lot that she roots for me with my slow pace.


10. It must be a rite of passage for junior high- writing on your arms.


11. While I was in the bathroom, this funny girl was looking at the photos I had taken today. When I came out she declared, "You're so vain," and then began to laugh. I laughed too- I did have a lot of photos of me, but in my defense- I was working on an old SPT that I'd had an idea for but hadn't taken the photos yet!


12. Ethan stretching at his tumbling class- the only break he takes all week from the computer/x-box. (Yes, I know I'm his mother and should control that better. I signed him up for this didn't I!)


(13. There wasn't a 12 photo option so I had to add one more. This is what our weather looked like today- the 12th of May!)

8 Comments:

Blogger skcoe said...

12 for 12...I love that idea!

So glad we caught you at home, it was a perfect day and I actually got something done!

Let me know when you're ready to do some banners!

May 13, 2010 8:03 AM  
Blogger maymey-Old said...

IDK- maybe the word darned? :) I could probably be more vain and take 12 of me on the 12th :)

May 13, 2010 8:13 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Jenn, glad to see you back in the blogging world! I love the 12 for 12 idea---what fun! And I can't believe you are running a flippin marathon. I am amazed and in awe. Way to be! Best of luck to you!!!! So jealous to have crafting/friend day. Hope you gals had a great time!

May 13, 2010 1:19 PM  
Blogger Grandpa Richard said...

Say it and let it go! After all, you have some of your father in you too... :-)

May 13, 2010 10:35 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Sometimes you just have to say damn. (Or damned.)

I love your collage!

My favorite is the one of you in the car, so clever.

May 14, 2010 7:54 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Love this idea! So glad you're back...I've missed you and your wit and wisdom!
Good luck tomorrow; I'm racing as well, sure its only a 5k, but I'll be cheering for you!

May 14, 2010 11:15 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Cute idea. Love the 12 things you picked. I'm boring. Unless I can post 10 pictures of me sitting at my desk at work, I couldn't come up with 12 things to take pictures of in a day.

May 18, 2010 12:54 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hooray for being back to posting and for doing this month's 12 on the 12th!

May 19, 2010 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home