Friday, March 17, 2006

missing minutes

I have a whole heck of a lot to do today. Even though I went to bed after 1:00am last night, I got up with Ethan just after 7:00am and got to work! The morning was really productive and around 11:00am I was feeling really good about myself and my progress. Well, now it is 1:00pm! Where did I lose TWO HOURS!??! I am not feeling quite so good about the amount of work still left to do and I am extremely agitated that somehow, while still trying to push on through my list, two hours have passed! It isn't right and yet it happens EVERY time I have a lot to do- it's this terrible time vortex that gives false hope of all that I can accomplish but then beats me down by stealing precious minutes, or hours... Wouldn't it be nice if someday all those stolen minutes were returned and then I could actually finish my "to do list" or use the time to kick up my feet and read a book! Wishful thinking!

4 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

SO true!! I feel like that most days. Where does it go? Damn that time vortex!!

March 17, 2006 1:31 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

It's maddening, but that swirling vortex of time happens to me everyday. I'm impressed that you managed to make 7-11 productive, especially since your kids are home from school today. That's a major accomplishment on your part, especially if one of the kid is always undoing your hard work in another part of the house. Good luck with crossing things off your list. I'm sure you can do it, you get more done in a day than most people.

March 17, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have time vortexes every day of my life! I'm constanly amazed at just how much of your to do list you DO manage to get done!

March 17, 2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

For me it would be nice to get all of the stolen minutes back if I didn't have to waste one of them sleeping. Or if I could wates all of the sleeping and then get some more. I hope the rest of your day went better.

March 17, 2006 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home