Monday, July 05, 2010

Celebrating in Centerville


I wouldn't know how to celebrate the 4th of July if we weren't in Centerville- we have gone there every year since we were married. It's just how we do it. This year was no different, except that the celebrations were on the 2nd and 3rd because the 4th fell on a Sunday.

We went up on Friday night to watch fireworks and participate in the long standing tradition of sleeping out in Grandpa's backyard. I'm not generally a fan of sleeping outside- the bug spray is what ruins it for me, but this year I decided to be a good mom and join the rest of my family, plus three cousins, in laying out sleeping bags, bathing in bug spray and gazing at the stars.

Saturday followed tradition- we ran, we ate breakfast at the park, we watched the parade, we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs at Grandpa's for lunch and spent the afternoon with family. I love being able to count on these traditions. I love having family to gather with. I love the 4th of July (or even the 3rd) in Centerville!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Lee said...

I LOVE holiday traditions! What a fun thing to do with your family every year.

July 09, 2010 4:06 PM  
Blogger maymey-Old said...

It was fun:)

July 09, 2010 6:21 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

That sounds like a great way to celebrate!

July 10, 2010 1:21 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

It must have been warmer where you slept than where we slept. You couldn't have seen any of us because we were all bundled in our bags.

July 12, 2010 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home