Saturday, April 07, 2007

5 Things...

My favorite scrapbooking magazine right now is Simple Scrapbooks. In the back of each issue there is a page with ideas/challenges for the month. I usually glance over them and think to myself, "that's nice," before taking it to the recycle box. This time, I couldn't shake one of the ideas. It suggested taking a picture of five things that won't be in your house in five years.

I am often lamenting that Ethan is growing so fast. There are so many things that are already gone- the crib, our front pack, all the pacifiers and the cutest of newborn clothes to name a few. So this seemed like the perfect assignment to hold on to some of the "little" things we will outgrow.

This is what I came up with:
As I looked at these photos, I realized that the toddler phase is not the only thing that we will outgrow in the next five years. Emily will be 10, going on 11. Disney Princesses, baby dolls, tea party and little girl dresses will all be a thing of the past. If things work out- even this house, with all its memories, good and bad, will have been outgrown and left behind. But that is another post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

That's a little sad and a little happy at the same time isn't it? Though it freaks me out that Emily will be 10 some day.

May 18, 2007 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home