Thursday, April 02, 2009

Kindergarten? Kindergarten.

In February, I took Ethan to the doctor for immunizations so I could register him for Kindergarten. My baby- my youngest- my last child is supposed to go to KINDERGARTEN this fall! Well, I forgot to pick up a copy of his birth certificate while I was already in Provo to see the doctor, so I haven't registered him yet. (I know that is bad. The papers are sitting on my craft table, mocking me, which is why I am writing this post today.) But I just can't bring myself to do it.


Ethan has an August birthday and makes the cutoff by 3 weeks, so I've always said that I would wait until registration got closer to see if I wanted to send him or wait a year since he would be one of the youngest in his class and potentially not ready. Who was I kidding? Of course he is beyond ready for Kindergarten. He counts past 100, knows all his colors and shapes, cuts, writes and reads. He will do great! And he is so excited to go to school like his brothers and sisters do. Ethan is not the hold up. I am!

I am about to live the dream- all my kids in school, leaving me time each day to do my things. But I have had someone at home with me to read with, to snuggle, to entertain, to laugh with, to feed, to clean up after, and to love for 12 years. I'm already starting to feel lonely.

So, in addition to all our car drama so far this year and my official self-diagnosis of "burnout," I am sending one baby to Jr. High and another baby to Kindergarten. No wonder I am such a wreck.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I think the one child to jr. high and one to kindergarten would be a mind-blower for me, but I'd still be giddy to have all the kids in school. Plus kindergarten is only like 2.5 hours, it's a joke.

April 02, 2009 5:21 PM  
Blogger skcoe said...

There should be a "burnout" rehab center. I'd go there with you!

A twelve year old and a kindergartener. That's just crazy! Such cute kids- they must get that from you!

April 03, 2009 3:30 PM  
Blogger Julie W said...

Unfortunately life is probably just going to get more crazy with all your kids in school. Ahhh a Jr Higher?!?! Ethan is such a smarty pants, enjoy a few hours of peace and quiet.

April 03, 2009 5:29 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

What a little stud!! He is so cool! Is that the doctor you love in the picture?

April 03, 2009 10:08 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Stop it! How can Ethan be going to kindergarten??! For that matter, how can Kate be going to jr. high?

Hey, think of it this way -- at least you won't have one in kindergarten and one in HIGH school! That will be me when Eva starts...

April 07, 2009 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home