Park City Cut Short
We have a time share in Park City (our first major mistake as a married couple). Usually our week falls over Labor Day, but this is one of those funny years where our week missed the holiday and it put a serious kink in our plans. Life has also put a kink in our time share enjoyment as the kids are older, busier and less free to take off from school and activities. We decided to try and make the most of it anyway, so the girls and I headed up on Friday after school. (Soren had a football game on Saturday morning.)

We checked in at our condo and then took off on foot to walk Main Street and find dinner. After walking the entire length of Main Street, we stopped in at The Eating Establishment- it seemed to have a pretty kid friendly menu and atmosphere. The waiter was a good sport and brought Megan 9 cherries in her Shirley Temple and added extra whipped cream to Emily's hot chocolate! Onion rings were a must. We laughed and chatted over our meal- I forget how fun my girls can be!
After dinner, we hit Rocky Mountain Chocolates for caramel apples and chocolate covered raspberry caramels. We took our treats back to the condo where we put on jammies and watched What A Girl Wants. (Colin Firth-mmm.) The girls went to bed watching Disney Channel- the ultimate vacation perk for them and I got to read myself to sleep.
In the morning we watched The Phantom of the Opera while eating cold cereal and just staying cozy. After the movie, we got dressed and headed to the outlet mall. The boys caught up with us at Old Navy where we did some back to school shopping. Of course, the boys can only handle so much shopping, so they went over to the condo to rest while we finished our girly agenda.
By the time we finished, the girls were starving. We picked up the boys and went to Kamas for dinner. Onion rings again! (Eating out is my favorite part of vacation- I love the break from cooking and dishes.)

My kids' second requirement for a good vacation, after Disney Channel, is swimming. It was getting late and the outdoor pool was cold but swim we did. Ethan almost drown- luckily a stranger heard me shouting and grabbed him. Kate and Soren were hitting each other before I had even taken my cover off. But despite the rocky start, we had a good time. The kids bounced back and forth between the pool and the hot tub trying to find a comfortable temperature. When everyone had blue lips, we dried off and went back to get warm and watch City of Ember.
I'm sad to say- that is the end of our trip. What was already a short trip, was cut even shorter by stealing, lying, scratching, crying and hitting. No joke. We had planned to spend Sunday in Park City and ride the Alpine Slide, maybe hike a bit. But we had to call a family time-out and head home.
Luckily, my family took turns using out the week, so we felt like it wasn't wasted and their trips ended much happier than ours did.
And-
even with our bad ending-
we made some great memories too!

We checked in at our condo and then took off on foot to walk Main Street and find dinner. After walking the entire length of Main Street, we stopped in at The Eating Establishment- it seemed to have a pretty kid friendly menu and atmosphere. The waiter was a good sport and brought Megan 9 cherries in her Shirley Temple and added extra whipped cream to Emily's hot chocolate! Onion rings were a must. We laughed and chatted over our meal- I forget how fun my girls can be!
After dinner, we hit Rocky Mountain Chocolates for caramel apples and chocolate covered raspberry caramels. We took our treats back to the condo where we put on jammies and watched What A Girl Wants. (Colin Firth-mmm.) The girls went to bed watching Disney Channel- the ultimate vacation perk for them and I got to read myself to sleep.
In the morning we watched The Phantom of the Opera while eating cold cereal and just staying cozy. After the movie, we got dressed and headed to the outlet mall. The boys caught up with us at Old Navy where we did some back to school shopping. Of course, the boys can only handle so much shopping, so they went over to the condo to rest while we finished our girly agenda.
By the time we finished, the girls were starving. We picked up the boys and went to Kamas for dinner. Onion rings again! (Eating out is my favorite part of vacation- I love the break from cooking and dishes.)

My kids' second requirement for a good vacation, after Disney Channel, is swimming. It was getting late and the outdoor pool was cold but swim we did. Ethan almost drown- luckily a stranger heard me shouting and grabbed him. Kate and Soren were hitting each other before I had even taken my cover off. But despite the rocky start, we had a good time. The kids bounced back and forth between the pool and the hot tub trying to find a comfortable temperature. When everyone had blue lips, we dried off and went back to get warm and watch City of Ember.
I'm sad to say- that is the end of our trip. What was already a short trip, was cut even shorter by stealing, lying, scratching, crying and hitting. No joke. We had planned to spend Sunday in Park City and ride the Alpine Slide, maybe hike a bit. But we had to call a family time-out and head home.
Luckily, my family took turns using out the week, so we felt like it wasn't wasted and their trips ended much happier than ours did.
And-
even with our bad ending-
we made some great memories too!

6 Comments:
Sorry your trip ended so abruptly. Micah and I used it for two days and LOVED it. It was as good as a vacation and we didn't have to waste two days driving in car.
We also ate at The Eating Establishment. We ogled the caramel covered apples at Rocky Mountain Chocolates, but we didn't give in.
Funny to think we walked the same street and the same shops within a couple days of each other. Maybe someday we'll all do it together.
Sorry about the melt-down. But it was fun- Thanks for taking us!
Family Vacations... At least you were close enough that you could just go home and "teach your kids a lesson" They look like they were enjoying themselves in the pictures. I love the girls with the bags full of clothes!
At least the girl's night was a success! I'm impressed you guys called a family time out and went home.
I was just thinking that it looked like quite a successful trip until I read about the family time-out... I hope that taught them a lesson!
Going on trips of any length is just so dang much work for the mom. I always hope that the memories are worth it in the end.
Neat! I didn't know you had a condo up there. I think spending time at the condo is great--although the hitting, fighting etc happens with us too. lol
Cute pics though. Glad you got in some girl time in. :)
Mmmm...Shirley Temple. mmmm
Post a Comment
<< Home