So funny I'm crying.
Ethan is sitting at the other computer singing over and over:
Ethan: I don't know why, I just like singing this song.
Mom: What song is it Ethan?
Ethan: I don't know. I just heard it.
Mom: Where did you hear it Ethan?
Ethan: On the radio. I only know a few words. (starts singing again) Some told me...
I'm laughing on the outside at this funny kid who I love, but inside I am crying over how fast he is growing up and how much faster it is happening with older siblings that expose him to things many 5 year old children have never heard of. It is not uncommon for him to bust out in a song I have never heard of or ask me to stop skipping stations because he "likes this song" and wants to (and CAN) sing along with it...
deep breath.
It's funny.
Funny kid.
Someone told me I should take
caution when it comes to love,
I diiiiiiiid (notes move down the scale).
caution when it comes to love,
I diiiiiiiid (notes move down the scale).
Ethan: I don't know why, I just like singing this song.
Mom: What song is it Ethan?
Ethan: I don't know. I just heard it.
Mom: Where did you hear it Ethan?
Ethan: On the radio. I only know a few words. (starts singing again) Some told me...
I'm laughing on the outside at this funny kid who I love, but inside I am crying over how fast he is growing up and how much faster it is happening with older siblings that expose him to things many 5 year old children have never heard of. It is not uncommon for him to bust out in a song I have never heard of or ask me to stop skipping stations because he "likes this song" and wants to (and CAN) sing along with it...
deep breath.
It's funny.
Funny kid.

5 Comments:
I would love to see/hear some stealthy video of him performing this number.
I didn't even recognize him in that picture. He looks so grown up.
So sad when your baby is suddenly not a baby any more. :(
Oh, but totally adorable when they do cute things like that. :)
I would love to hear this as well! He is such a darling boy.
p.s. Ashley was here with Jill about a week ago, and she kept asking if any other kids were coming. I think that was her way of asking if Ethan would be there again!
Post a Comment
<< Home