Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fondue: to melt

(the view in the cooking mirror while making chocolate fondue)

I have been wanting to take a refresher course on fondue and last night I finally had the opportunity! Amy Hansen, from the Melting Pot, teaches a class at Thanksgiving Point which I took a year or two ago. Every time I think to sign up again, the class is full. So, when my sweet friend, Monica, mentioned she was taking it and that there were still openings- I came right home and registered!

I am SO glad I went again! In addition to all the fabulous eating, there were better tips and actual recipes which I didn't get last time I took the class. And did I mention the fabulous food?!! Amy makes two cheese fondues (plus she brought a third this time), cooks veggies and meat with two types of broth (my favorite is the Mojo which you can only get the spice blend from The Melting Pot), and makes two kinds of chocolate- and you get to try them ALL!

(Monica and I with fondue induced smiles!!)

I still have not tried broth cooking- I think I'll try that first. Although, I really want to do a good cheese fondue. Shoot- it looks like we'll just have to have fondue every night next week!

Thanks Monica for getting me back and for a really great night- fondue is always better with friends!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fondue parties are to die for! yummy yummy yummy!

July 30, 2008 12:44 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Jenn! If you ever take that class again CALL ME! I want to take it, and like you, never remember in time. Sounds fun and yummy!

July 30, 2008 12:51 PM  
Blogger Micah said...

I'm glad I get to partake of the goods from your lessons! Lucky me.

July 31, 2008 5:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah Lee said...

Yep, you can try them out anytime on me too!

August 01, 2008 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home